SELECT PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS:
• Faguet GB: Quantitation of immunocompetence in Hodgkin's Disease. J. Clin. Invest. 56:951-957,1975
• Faguet GB: Mechanisms of lymphocyte activation: I. Binding kinetics of phytohemagglutinin to human lymphocytess. J. Biol. Chem. 252:2095-2100,1977
• Faguet GB: Mechanisms of lymphocyte activation. The role of suppressor cells in the proliferative responses of chronic lymphocytic leukemia lymphocytes. J. Clin. Invest. 63:67-74,1979
• Faguet GB: Leukoagglutinin binding to human lymphocytes. Experimental support for negatively interacting binding sites. Am. J. Physiol 237(3):E207-E213,1979
• Faguet GB: The effect of killed influenza virus vaccine on the kinetics of normal human lymphocytes. J. Infect. Dis. 143(2):252-258,1981
• Fialkow PJ, Faguet GB, Jacobson RJ, Vaidya K and Murphy S: Evidence that essential thrombocythemia is a clonal disorder with origin in a multipotent stem cell.
• Faguet GB and Davis HC: Survival in Hodgkin's disease: The role of immunocompetence and other major risk factors. Blood 59(5):938-945,1982
• Faguet GB: Ligand-receptor interactions: Detailed evaluation of occupancy-dependent affinity. J. Cell. Biochem. 31:75-86,1986
• Faguet GB: Number of receptor sites from Scatchard and Klotz graphs: Valid and complementary approaches. J. Cell. Biochem. 31:243-250,1986
• Faguet GB and Beebe DP: Binding interaction studies of selected receptor subpopulations after partial cross-linking receptor-ligand complexes with a photo-activated
heterobifunctional reagent. J. Clin. Invest. 78:67-72,1986
• Faguet GB and Beebe DP: Nutritional requirements of human malignant (leukemia) cell lines: Implications for adjuvant therapy. Cancer Res. 1:2380-2384,1987
• Faguet GB and Agee JF: Monoclonal antibodies against the chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen cCLLa: Characterization and Reactivity. Blood 70:437-443,1987
• Faguet GB, Satya-Prakash KL and Agee JF: Cytochemical, cytogenetic, immunophenotypic and tumorigenic characterization of two hairy cell lines.. Blood 71:422-429,1988
° Faguet GB and Agee JF: Transplantation of human hairy cell leukemia in radiation-preconditioned nude mice: Characterization of the model by histologic, histochemical, phenotypic and tumor
kinetic studies. Blood 71:1511-1517,1988
• Faguet GB and Agee JF: Immunophenotypic diagnosis of clinical and preclinical chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) using monoclonal antibodies against the cCLLa, a CLL-associated antigen.
• Faguet GB: Common chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa). Distribution, fate and clinical applications. Nouv. Rev. Fr. Hematol. 30:305-310,1988
° Faguet GB and Agee JF: Modulation, shedding and serum titers of the chronic lymphocytic leukemia-associated antigen (cCLLa): Characterization and clinical correlations.
• Faguet GB and Agee JF: Modulation, shedding and serum titers of the chronic lymphocytic leukemia-associated antigen (cCLLa): Characterization and clinical correlations Blood 75:114-122,1990
° Faguet GB, Agee JF and Marti GE: Clone emergence and evolution in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: characterization of clinical, laboratory and immunophenotypic profiles in 25 patients.
Leukemia & Lymphoma 6:335-344,1992
• Faguet GB, Agee JF, and Marti GE: CD5 and cCLLa expression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL): Demonstration of their relative prevalence and that of other common B-CLL markers.
Leukemia & Lymphoma 6:345-356,1992
• Faguet GB, Marti GE, Agee JF and Bertin P: CD5 positive and negative B-CLL: Evidence supporting phenotypic heterogeneity in B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL). Ann NY Acad Sci 651:470-
• Marti GE, Faguet GB, Bertin P, Agee JF, Washington GC, Ruiz S, Carter P, Zenger v, Vogt R and Noguchi PD. CD20 and CD5 expression in B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Ann NY Acad Sci 651:480-
• Faguet GB and Agee JF: Four Ricin chain A-based immunotoxins directed against the common chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa): In vitro characterization.
Blood 82: 536-543,1993
° Faguet GB and Agee JF: A simple technique for the rapid enrichment of class and subclass hybridoma switch variants: A 1000-fold enrichment in half the time, for half the cost. J Immunol
• Faguet GB: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: An updated review. J Clin Oncol 12:1974-1990,1994
• Faguet GB: Hodgkin's disease: Basing treatment decisions on prognostic factors. Leukemia & Lymphoma 17:223-238,1995
• Faguet GB and Agee JF: The chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa) as immunotherapy target: Pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of two divalent, ricin-based immunotoxins in
xenografted athymic mice. Leukemia and Lymphoma 25:509-520,1997
• Faguet GB and Agee JF: The chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa) as immunotherapy target: Assessment of LD50 and MTD of four ricin-based anti-cCLLa immunotoxins (ITs) in Balb/c
mice. Leukemia and Lymphoma 25:531-537,1997
• Hematologic Malignancies: Methods and Techniques (ISBN: 0896035433). The Humana Press, Inc. Totowa, NJ, USA, November 2000 - Purchase online
• Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Molecular genetics, Biology, Diagnosis, and Management (ISBN: 1588290999). The Humana Press, Inc. Totowa, NJ, USA, November 2003.
- Purchase online
• The War on Cancer: An anatomy of failure; A blueprint for the future (ISBN: 1402036183H) Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. November 2005. - Purchase online
° Pain Control and Drug Policy: A Time for Change (ISBN: 9780313382802) Praeger, Santa Barbara, CA, USA, April 2010. - Purchase online
° The Affordable Care Act: A missed opportunity; A better way forward (ISBN-13: 978-0875869766) Algora Publishing, New York, NY. April 2013. - Purchase online
• The Conquest of Cancer: How close? Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. Spring 2014.
• Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine. Bogotá, Colombia, South Am.
• Internship: Hamilton Civic Hospitals (McMaster Unit). Hamilton, ON, Canada
• Medicine Residency; University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
• Hematology-Oncology fellowship; Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
INSTITUTIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND RANK:
• Health Sciences University of Georgia; Professor of Medicine
• VA Medical Center; Director, Cancer Immunology & Flow Cytometry Laboratories
AD HOC GRANT REVIEWER-CONSULTANT:
• National Institute of Health
• National Science Foundation
• Department of Veterans Affairs
• American Cancer Society
PAST PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP:
• American Association of Immunologists
• American Federation for Clinical Research
• American Society of Hematology
• International Society of Hematology
• New York Academy of Sciences
• Southeastern Cancer Research Association
• Southern Medical Association
• Southern Society for Clinical Investigatio
PAST COOPERATIVE STUDY GROUP MEMBERSHIP:
• Polycythemia Vera Study Group
• Southeastern Cancer Study Group
AD HOC MEDICAL JOURNAL REVIEWER:
• Canadian J of Biochemistry
• Cancer Research
• Journal of Clinical Investigation
• Journal of Infectious Diseases
• Journal of Membrane Biology