SELECT PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS:
- Faguet GB: Quantitation of immunocompetence in Hodgkin's Disease. J. Clin. Invest. 56:951-957,1975
- Faguet GB: Mechanisms of lymphocyte activation: I Binding kinetics of phytohemaglutinin to human lymphocytes. J. Biol. Chem. 252:2095-2100,1977
- Faguet GB, Barton BB, Smith LL, Garver FA: Gamma Heavy chain disease: CLinical aspects and characteristics of a deleted, non-covalently linked y1 Heavy Chain Dimer (BAZ). Blood 49;
- Faguet GB, Barton BP, Smith LL, Garver FA. Gamma heavy chain disease: Clinical aspects and characterization of a deleted noncovalently linked gamma-1 heavy chain dimer (BAZ) Blood
- Faguet GB: Mechanisms of lymphocyte activation. The role of suppressor cells in the proliferative responses of chronic lymphocytic leukemia lymphocytes. J. Clin. Invest. 63:67-74,1979
- Faguet GB: Leukoagglutinin binding to human lymphocytes. Experimental support for negatively interacting binding sites. Am. J. Physiol 237(3):E207-E213,1979
- Faguet GB: The effect of killed influenza virus vaccine on the kinetics of normal human lymphocytes. J. Infect. Dis. 143(2):252-258,1981
- Fialkow PJ, Faguet GB, Jacobson RJ, Vaidya K, Murphy S: Evidence that essential thrombocythemia is a clonal disorder with origin in a multipotent stem cell. Blood 58:916-919,1981
- Faguet GB, Davis HC: Survival in Hodgkin's disease: The role of immunocompetence and other major risk factors. Blood 59(5):938-945,1982
- Faguet GB, Davis HC. Regression analysis in medical research. Southern Med J 1984;77(6):722-729..
- Faguet GB: Ligand-receptor interactions: Detailed evaluation of occupancy-dependent affinity. J. Cell. Biochem. 31:75-86,1986
- Faguet GB: Number of receptor sites from Scatchard and Klotz graphs: Valid and complementary approaches. J. Cell. Biochem. 31:243-250,1986
- Faguet GB, Beebe DP: Binding interaction studies of selected receptor subpopulations after partial cross-linking receptor-ligand complexes with a photo-activated heterobifunctional reagent.
J. Clin. Invest. 78:67-72,1986
- Faguet GB, Beebe DP: Nutritional requirements of human malignant (leukemia) cell lines: Implications for adjuvant therapy. Cancer Res. 1:2380-2384,1987
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Monoclonal antibodies against the chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen cCLLa: Characterization and Reactivity. Blood 70:437-443,1987
- Faguet GB, Satya-Prakash KL, Agee JF: Cytochemical, cytogenetic, immunophenotypic and tumorigenic characterization of two hairy cell lines. Blood 71:422-429,1988
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Transplantation of human hairy cell leukemia in radiation-preconditioned nude mice: Characterization by histologic, histochemical, phenotypic, and tumor kinetic studies.
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Immunophenotypic diagnosis of clinical and preclinical chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) using monoclonal antibodies against the cCLLa, a CLL-associated antigen.
- Faguet GB: Common chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa). Distribution, fate and clinical applications. Nouv. Rev. Fr. Hematol. 30:305-310,1988
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Modulation, shedding and serum titers of the chronic lymphocytic leukemia-associated antigen (cCLLa): Characterization and clinical correlations.Blood 74:2493-
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Blood kinetics, tissue distribution; and radioimaging of anti-common chronic lymphatic leukemia antigen (cCLLa) monoclonal antibody CLLé in mice transplanted with
cCCLLa-bearing human leukemia cells. Blood 1990;75:1853-1861.
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Modulation, shedding and serum titers of the chronic lymphocytic leukemia-associated antigen (cCLLa): Characterization and clinical correlations Blood 75:114-
- Faguet GB, Agee JF, and Marti GE: Clone emergence and evolution in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: characterization of clinical, laboratory and immunophenotypic profiles in 25 patients.
Leukemia & Lymphoma6:335-344,1992
- Faguet GB, Agee JF, Marti GE: CD5 and cCLLa expression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL): Demonstration of their relative prevalence and that of other common B-CLL markers.
Leukemia & Lymphoma6:345-356,1992
- Faguet GB, Marti GE, Agee JF, Bertin P: CD5 positive and negative B-CLL: Evidence supporting phenotypic heterogeneity in B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL). Ann NY Acad Sci 651:
- Marti GE, Faguet GB, Bertin P, Agee JF, Washington GC, Ruiz S, Carter P, Zenger v, Vogt R, Noguchi PD. CD20 and CD5 expression in B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Ann NY Acad Sci
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: Four Ricin chain A-based immunotoxins directed against the common chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa): In vitro characterization. Blood 82: 536-543,1993
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: A simple technique for the rapid enrichment of class and subclass hybridoma switch variants: A 1000-fold enrichment in half the time, for half the cost. J Immunol
- Faguet GB: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: An updated review. J Clin Oncol 12:1974-1990,1994
- Faguet GB: Hodgkin's disease: Basing treatment decisions on prognostic factors. Leukemia & Lymphoma 17:223-238,1995
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: The chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa) as immunotherapy target: Pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of two divalent, ricin-based immunotoxins in
xenografted athymic mice.Leukemia and Lymphoma 25:509-520,1997
- Faguet GB, Agee JF: The chronic lymphocytic leukemia antigen (cCLLa) as immunotherapy target: Assessment of LD50 and MTD of four ricin-based anti-cCLLA immonotoxins in xenografted
athymic mice. Leukemia and Lymphoma 25:531-537,1997
- Faguet GB: A brief history of cancer: Age-old milestones underlying our current knowledge database. Int J Cancer 136;2022-2036,2014.
- Faguet GB: Quality of End-of-Life care: An overdue imperative. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. 2016;108:69-72.
- Faguet GB. Can we trust everything we read? - Let the reader beware (publication pending)
- Hematologic Malignancies: Methods and TechniquesThe Humana Press, Inc. Totowa, NJ, USA, November 2000 - Purchase online
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Molecular genetics, Biology, Diagnosis, and Management The Humana Press, Inc., November 2003. Purchase online
- The War on Cancer: An anatomy of failure; A blueprint for the future Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. November 2005. - Purchase online
- Pain Control and Drug Policy: A Time for Change Praeger, Santa Barbara, CA, USA, April 2010. - Purchase online
- The Affordable Care Act: A missed opportunity; A better way forward Algora, York, NY, April 2013. - Purchase online
- The Conquest of Cancer: A distant goal. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. December 2014. Purchase online
- Chapter 8: Complementary and alternative Medicine.
- A Life Journey: Memories. Expected publication expected in 2019.
- Are scholarly publications credible? The facts. Expected Publication in 2020.
GRADUATE & POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION
• Universidad Javeriana Medical School, Bogota, Colombia
• Internship: Hamilton Civic Hospitals (McMaster Unit). Hamilton, ON, Canada
• Medicine Residency; University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
• Hematology-Oncology fellowship; Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
INSTITUTIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND RANK
• Georgia Regents University; Professor of Medicine
• VA Medical Center; Director, Cancer Immunology & Flow Cytometry Laboratories
PAST PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP:
• American Society of Hematology
• International Society Hematology
• American Association of Immunologists
• American Federation for Clinical Research
• New York Academy of Sciences
• Southern Medical Association
• Southern Society for Clinical Investigation
PAST COOPERATIVE STUDY GROUP MEMBERSHIP
• Polycythemia Vera Study Group
• Southeastern Cancer Study Group
AD HOC GRANT REVIEWER & CONSULTANT
• National Institute of Health
• National Science Foundation
• Department of Veterans Affairs
• American Cancer Society
AD HOC MEDICAL JOURNAL REVIEWER:
• British Medical Journal
• Canadian J of Biochemistry
• Cancer Research
• European Journal of Cancer
• Journal of Clinical Investigation
• Journal of Infectious Diseases
• Journal of Membrane Biology
• Journal of the National Cancer Institute